Topics Map > Safety and Security > Malware Protection
Endpoint Security, Malwarebytes Premium for Students, Installation Instructions
This page contains instructions on how to download, install, and activate Malwarebytes Premium for students.
Students at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign can use these directions to set up Malwarebytes Premium on a personal Windows, Mac, or Chromebook computer or Android device.
Table of Contents
- Obtain the Malwarebytes Premium offer from the WebStore.
- Log in with your university NetID and password.
- Download the installer appropriate to your device.
- Install the software with administrative privileges.
- Activate the software using the license key or activation link (Windows, macOS, and Android only).
Detailed instructions are provided below.
- Obtain the Malwarebytes Premium offer from the WebStore. Use the provided link to access the Malwarebytes portal.
- Log into the university login page with your NetID and password.
- Upon logging in, you may receive a prompt to download and install Malwarebytes. Ensure the title matches your device, then click the button labeled Download (Windows and macOS only) or Google Play (Chromebook and Android only).
- If this prompt does not appear, or it has been dismissed, click on the icon below "Activation instructions" that matches your device.
- Run the installer with administrative privileges (Windows and macOS only). If prompted, select the button labeled Personal Computer. Follow the instructions on each subsequent page to complete the install.
- Additional steps may be required, depending on the type of system you are using. See the below links for instructions on how to finish your installation.
- Windows: https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038479134-Download-and-install-Malwarebytes-for-Windows
- macOS: https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038479294-Download-and-install-Malwarebytes-for-Mac
- Chrombook: https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039018813-Download-and-install-Malwarebytes-on-Chromebook-devices
- Android: https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038524074-Download-and-install-Malwarebytes-for-Android
- Launch Malwarebytes on your device. After install, Malwarebytes may launch itself automatically. Click the button labeled Get started.
- Click the button labeled Activate subscription.
- Click the button labeled Enter license key.
- Enter the license key shown on the download page, then click the button labeled Activate license.
Malwarebytes should now be fully installed and show the main program dashboard.
Note that any button or link purporting to take you to an account page will direct you to an incorrect sign-in page. In order to manage your license key, please use the link provided in your WebStore order.