Zoom, Meeting Expiration
This article provides a summary of Zoom meeting ID/link expiration.
Meeting Link or ID Expiration:
- A non-recurring meeting ID will expire 30 days after the meeting is
scheduled for. You can restart the same meeting ID as many times as you
would like, within the 30-day period.
The following Zoom Community post provides some good examples:
The 30 days expiration will happen after the scheduled date or when it was last used, whichever comes later. Here are a few examples:
- I schedule a meeting for January 1st and only use it on that date. It will expire 30 days later, on Jan. 31st.
- I schedule a meeting for January 1st, some participants click on the link a few days early, but we use it as scheduled on that Jan. 1. It will expire 30 days later, on Jan. 31.
- I schedule a meeting for January 1st, use it that day, and then use it again a few days later on the 5th. Since it was reused on the 5th, the 30 day expiration was reset, so it will expire 30 days later on Feb. 4th.
- I schedule a meeting for January 1st, and add it to my calendar.
Since the meeting was so useful, we decide to make this a recurring
meeting for every 2 weeks. I edit the calendar event and make it
recurring, but I don't edit the Zoom meeting to make it recurring.
- If I use it every 2 weeks, the 30 day expiration will continue to be reset and the meeting will continue to exist.
- If we skip a couple of sessions and the 30 days run out, the meeting
will expire and those using the link in their calendar will not be able
to join. A new meeting will need to be scheduled to replace the expired
- A recurring meeting ID will expire 365 days after the meeting is started on the last occurrence. You can re-use the meeting ID for future occurrences.
- Scheduled meetings can be started at any time before the scheduled time. The links will not expire or become invalid unless it is past the 30 day period for a non-recurring meeting, has not been used for over 365 days for a recurring meeting, or has been deleted from your Zoom account. An instant meeting link will expire as soon as the meeting is over.