Canvas, Access the Canvas Training Portal
As an instructor or teaching assistant, you have access to many training resources through the Canvas Training Portal. This article walks you through the steps to access the training portal. These resources and live trainings are available from Instructure, the company who provides the Canvas learning management system.
To access the Canvas Training Portal, follow these steps:
- Select the Help button in the Global Navigation Menu. A tray will open next to the menu.
- Select Canvas Training Portal from the tray.
- The first time you access the portal, you will be asked to authorize access to your account and connect the portal to our university-affiliated Canvas instance. Select the Authorize button if you see this message.
- By default, the Training Portal will open to the Learning Library tab but resources can be found in the following 3 tabs:
- My Learning tab contains a list of trainings that you have registered for as well as any completed trainings.
- Learning Library contains a list of all asynchronous, self-paced trainings as well as live, synchronous trainings over Zoom
- Training Calendar shows all live trainings (over Zoom) available by date.