Zoom, Features and Integrations Dashboard
This article describes the current status of requested features and integrations for the UIUC Zoom platform. Further below are recommended ways to request features and integrations for review. There may be applications, integrations and features available for Zoom users to add without the ability for Technology Services to manage centrally. If you decide to add and use a 3rd party application or integration with UIUC Zoom that doesn't appear below, you choose to do so at your own risk.
Table of Contents:
- Kaltura - Illinois Mediaspace
- LTI Pro - Illinois Canvas, Learn@Illinois (Moodle), Illinois Extension Moodle
- Otter AI
- Google Workspace
|Integration/Feature||Need||Support||Lightweight Risk Assessment||Accessibility||NewSoft||Purchasing||Scheduled deployment|
|Whiteboard 2.0||Pass||Tech Services||Pass||In-Progress|
|Zoom Timer App||Pass||Tech Services||Pass||In-Progress|
The recommended way to request an integration is to navigate to the Zoom Marketplace and add it there. You will be presented with a notification stating your request has been logged.
If you would like to request an integration/feature that is not available within the Zoom Marketplace, please submit a ticket to the Technology Services Help Desk at help.uillinois.edu, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 217-244-7000.
Once a large enough interest has been determined, the Zoom administration team will proceed using the process and associated criteria defined below.
NOTE: Integration requests with other University of Illinois Urbana Champaign approved software platforms are strongly preferred.
Requested applications must successfully complete the following to be approved on the UIUC Zoom tenant below. Generally, we will follow the sequence shown below, however, in some instances we may need to alter the order.
- Need: requested applications must fulfill a need that isn't already performed by another approved application, integration or feature. OR the requested application, integration or feature must provide the same or better functionality more efficiently or at a cheaper cost.
- Support: all requested integrations and features must have clearly defined support responsibilities. Technology Services may fulfill this support role, or declare approved integration/features to be self-supported. Some approved integrations or features may be supported by other college or department IT groups. If it is determined that a requested applications, integration or feature will put undue stress or burden on the Help Desks, college/dept IT staff or service teams, the request will be denied.
- Lightweight Risk Assessment: The UIUC Zoom platform is primarily used to host virtual classes. As such, requested applications must pass a Technology Services Privacy and Security Lightweight Risk assessment. The Zoom Service team will work with the Technology Services GRC teams to administer this process.
- Accessibility: all requests will need to complete a thorough accessibility review. Approved requests will have no identified "showstoppers."
- NewSoft: Integration requests will go through an expedited version of the Tech Services NewSoft process to ensure all internal stakeholders are aware.
- Purchasing: Any costs associated with licensing or support as well as vendor EULA or TOS will be reviewed. It may be determine that an integration or application may only be available to restricted groups and/or use cases. Any acceptable use policies will be documented.