Change to Login Screens Beginning August 12-14
Urbana users will start seeing an updated login screen and Duo 2-Factor Authentication screen when accessing certain web resources. These include Microsoft365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.) and Shibboleth (Canvas, Box, Zoom, Moodle, etc.) resources.
Features of the new login screens:
- AzureAD for authentication, which lowers the risk of a breach and provides additional security safeguards.
- Duo Universal Prompt for 2FA, which is more adaptive and contextually aware, and offers usability and accessibility improvements for the end user.
What changes will users experience?
- On the login screen users will need to type in their entire university provided email address. They will no longer be able to enter only their NetID for access. Password managers will need to be updated accordingly.
- Users will continue to use their NetID on AITS (also known as SiteMinder) login pages. More information can be found here: Identity Management, Urbana Single Sign-On Pages
- Note for IT Pros: The actual attribute for the login address is the UserPrincipalName.
- The Duo Universal Prompt will appear visually different; however, users will be able to continue to authenticate with 2FA as they have in the past.
- An overview of the Duo Universal Prompt can be found here: 2FA, Duo Universal Prompt Overview
Updated login screen - enter your complete email address
Updated Duo 2FA screen for certain UIUC applications