Topics Map > Teaching and Learning > Canvas@illinois.edu
Canvas@Illinois , Student Card View
This article describes how to access and use the Student Card feature from DesignPLUS within Canvas.
On the People page in your Canvas course site, you can adjust the view of the roster to enlarge pictures and names with Student Card view.
How to Access Student Card View
- In the Course Navigation Menu, select People.
- In the top right, select the Student Cards button.
You can now see a list of your students with enlarged photos and names like the screenshot below. If desired, you can also filter the list to view only those with uploaded photos by selecting the Only Users with Pictures button.
How to Exit Student Card View
To exit Student Card View and return to the default view of the People page, select either the Student List button in the top right of the page or navigate to a different page in your course site. When you return to the People page, you’ll see the default view.
When using this tool, it's important to be aware of the following:
- Student Card View applies only to users enrolled as Students in your course site. If other roles are used, such as TA, Designer, or Grader, these users will not appear in Student Card View.
- Student Cards will enlarge students’ Canvas account profile picture; this will not necessarily be a students’ ID photo.
- You cannot view other details, such as the NetID or section(s), when in Student Card View.
- Student Card View is not available in the Canvas Teacher or Canvas Student app; however, it is available when accessing Canvas with a browser on a mobile device.