Topics Map > Teaching and Learning > Canvas@illinois.edu
Canvas@Illinois, Changes to Pearson Integration
In Summer, 2023, the Canvas@Illinois service will be updating the Pearson integration to LTI 1.3, allowing streamlined administration and use, and increased functionality. Here is a breakdown of what will be changing, the timeline, how you can update your course(s) and how to get support from Pearson.
What are the changes that will take place? What will I see?
- The "Pearson" navigation link in all Canvas courses will be removed.
- The "MyLab and Mastering" navigation link in all Canvas courses will be removed
- A "Pearson Access" navigation link will be added, or simply made available, in all Canvas courses
- The "Pearson Access" link will be the entry point for all Pearson applications delivered through Canvas -
What is the timeline for these changes?
Changes will take place between 8am and noon (US Central) on May 24, 2023
What if I have courses using the "old" integrations?
Anyone that has a 1.1 course using the old "MyLab & Mastering" or "Pearson Revel" links should use this:
- Anyone using the new Pearson Access 1.3 tool for the first time, or in a new course shell with no existing 1.1 links should use this:
How do I get support on this change if I need it?
Should faculty need further assistance please contact "email@example.com" and a representative will work with you to complete your 1.3 course setup.