TDX, U of I Main Application Administrators (App Admin) Expectations
What is the shared U of I Main Application?
Units/customers at the University of Illinois who want to use TDX, however do not possess the resources or have the operational needs to manage their own application are offered an opportunity to join the shared U of I Main Application. The U of I Main Advisory Group is the governing body for the U of I Main Application. For more about the U of I Main Advisory Group visit U of I Main Advisory Group Charter.
These expectations of TDX users with the designation/role of App Admin within the U of I Main Application (shared ticketing application). All App Admin within the U of I Main Application must adhere to these expectations or risk losing their App Admin status.
This document is to be reviewed for updates at least annually/once a fiscal year by the sitting members of the U of I Main Advisory Group.
App Admin Expectations
- Adhere to the recommendations, guidance, and governance from U of I Main Advisory Group, TDAG, Collab Board, and Global Admin Committee.
- Act as the first point of contact for upkeep and changes for their technicians within their U of I Main configuration.
- Manage security roles within their U of I Main configuration.
- Understand the U of I Main Change Management Process and elevate issues to U of I Main Advisory Group if it pertains to the following:
- Visual changes on high impact fields (ex: pinning a new item to the +New dropdown).
- Functional Impact field (ex: adding/removing Statuses).
- A change that would affect the ticketing app's behavior for more than one group (ex: API Access).
- Become familiar with and use these resources to learn how to administer the U of I Main Ticketing Application:
- TDX at Illinois
- System Offices TeamDynamix Support and Administration
- TDX U of I Main App Admin Teams channel
- TDX App Admin Teams channel
- TDX (TeamDynamix) Resources
- System TDX Website
- TeamDynamix website resources (Requires you to create your own TDX account)
- Elevate issues to Global Admin (System/Global Admin Service Request) if it pertains to the following:
- User/Group management and Application Access
- Troubleshooting/Error Codes/Bugs
- Shared Ticketing Configurations
- HTML Content Allow Lists
- Desktop templates
- Application creation
- Configuration of initial App Admin security role
Questions or Feedback to U of I Main Advisory Group
Please submit all questions or feedback to the U of I Main Advisory Group via the Request TDX at Illinois Support button and selecting U of I Main, Help/General Inquiry.
TDX, U of I Main Advisory Group Charter - This is the charter for the U of I Main Advisory Group, the governing group for the TDX shared U of I Main ticketing Application.