Skype for Business, How to reset IP Phone
IP phone isn't working as expected and I need to reset it.
To reset a Lync Phone Edition device:
To reset any of the following IP phones: Aastra 6721, Aastra/Mitel 6725, HP 4110, HP 4120, Polycom CX500, Polycom CX600, or Polycom CX3000 conference phone - do the following:
1) Remove the power cord from the device, and wait 10 seconds.
2) Press one of the following reset key combinations (differences are explained in final step), and continue to hold down the keys while the power is reconnected and the device starts up:
- For a Hard Reset, press * and #. A hard reset deletes all customer data on the device.
- For a Factory Reset, press 4 and 6. A factory reset deletes all customer data and restores the previous valid image.
3) When asked to confirm before the device resets, press Yes.
To reset a Yealink Skype for Business device:
To reset a Yealink T42S, T46S, or T48S to factory default settings:
- Press and hold the OK key on the phone for 3 to 5 seconds.
- The phone will prompt you with "Reset to factory?"
- Tap OK
For Yeaklink T5x and CP960: Press and hold Home button for 20 seconds.
Resetting the phone may take a few minutes. Do not power off the phone until it restarts successfully.
How to Setup IP Phone: Skype for Business, IP Phone Installation and Login
When setting up an IP phone, you will be asked to create a device specific unlock PIN. This PIN is only used to unlock the device once the inactivity timeout value is reached. This can be any 6-digit combination. Technology Services does not know what the phone's unlock PIN is. If you have forgotten the phone's unlock PIN you will likely need to reset your phone.