Topics Map > Safety and Security
Topics Map > Networking > Virtual Private Networking (VPN)
VPN, CISCO AnyConnect VPN unable to create the interprocess communication depot
I'm trying to set up the CISCO AnyConnect VPN but get the error that the vpn client agent was unable to create the interprocess communication depot.
This error is caused by Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) being enabled. You can disable ICS in either of two ways:
- Click the Start button.
- Click on Control Panel.
- Click on View Network Status and Tasks
- Click on Change adapter settings
- Right-click the shared connection and choose Properties
- Click the Sharing tab
- Clear the Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection checkbox
- Click OK
- Click the Start button
- Type: services.msc and press ENTER
- Double-Click on Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)
- Change Startup Type to Disabled
- Reboot the computer
- You can now try reinstalling the AnyConnect VPN client again.