Illinois Compass 2g, How do I add instructors, TAs, Course Administrators, Designers, or Students
How do I grant someone access to my course on Compass 2g?
Compass 2g allows instructors to add students, teaching assistants, course administrators, designers, and other instructors.
Here's how to add any kind of user in Compass 2g:
- Click "Users and Groups" on the lower left-hand side of the page when you're looking at your course to expand the item.
- Click "Users."
3. Hit the "Find Users to Enroll" button. It will be located in a horizontal bar and look like a heading; do not use the search box just below that! This only searches for users already enrolled.
4. Enter the NetID of the person to be added.
5. Choose the appropriate role for the person you are adding.
Note: Course administrators can do everything Instructors can do, but their name will not be listed on the Compass home page as an instructor of the course and they cannot add remove other instructors.
6. Click Submit. A green bar should appear indicating the user has been added. See Illinois Compass 2g, Course Roles for more information about roles in Illinois Compass 2g.