Illinois Compass 2g, Viewing survey data
With the way that surveys are structured in Compass 2g,
you are not able to view an individual student's submission; you can
only determine if he or she submitted a response to the survey by the
appearance of the green check mark. If you would like to view the
results of the entire survey, follow these steps:
How do I view the results of a survey I had my students take in Compass 2g?
Reviewing Survey Results
Results of the survey may be viewed in two ways. You may view them in Compass, or download the results to a spread sheet.
View results in Compass:
From the Course Management menu, click Grade Center and then click the
double drop down arrows that correspond to the survey column.
2) Choose "Attempts Statistics." You will see each question, and the number of responses each question option received.
View results in a Spreadsheet
1) From the Blue Course Management menu, click Grade Center.
2) Click the double drop down arrows that correspond to the survey column.
3) Choose "Download Results."
4) On the Download Results screen, leave the defaults. Then click “Click to download results.”
5) Choose “Open with MS Excel (default).”
6) Click "Yes."
7) You may now rearrange the data in any format appropriate to your application.
More information on viewing responses in Surveys:
Q: How do I view individual responses?
A: When a student takes a survey in Illinois Compass,
a green check is placed in the survey’s corresponding grade center
column for the student.
Note: Instructors are unable to view student’s
individual question responses for a survey. To view individual
responses, create a test instead of a survey.