Illinois Compass 2g, Copying course content after an Illinois Compass space has already been built
I requested and received a new Illinois Compass 2g course space, but I need material from a previous semester copied into it.
Instructors may desire to have content from a past semester's course space ("Course A") copied into a new course for the current semester ("Course B"). If this is decided before the space has been created, the space request can be edited here: https://compassspacerequest.illinois.edu/bb9_space_edit/choose_space/.
If an Instructor has already requested a course space in Illinois Compass 2g, and then later, after the course space ("Course B") has been built, wants to have content from a past semester copied into it (from A to B):
If "Course B" already has student work in it, the Instructor will need to contact the Technology Services Help Desk with the following information (for both "Course A" and "Course B"):
- Visit the Illinois Compass 2g Space Request Application.
- Complete a new request for the course ("Course C", which will replace "Course B").
- Use the application to select the old course space ("Course A") to be copied.
- We recommend not including any special instructions, as this will delay creation of the new course space.
- Once you are satisfied with the new course space ("Course C"), you can delete the "Course B" space. Please see Illinois Compass 2g, Instructors, Delete a Requested Space
- Course name