Office 365, Email, Exchange, Setting up Apple Mail
How to manually configure Apple Mail via EWS.
Versions of Apple Mail
These instructions are for Apple Mail on Snow Leopard or later version of Mac OS.
Any version of Apple Mail (including those earlier than Snow
Leopard) can use IMAP to read email from UC Exchange, but will
experience the limitations noted on the IMAP instruction page.
Getting started with removing an old mail account: (If someone was migrated, they should remove the account first).
- Launch the Mail app (the postage stamp icon in the dock).
- In the Mail menu, select .
- Click and this will open the , Internet Accounts window.
- Click on the account you want to remove
- Click (the minus sign).
- You'll be asked to confirm that you want to delete the account. Click , and then close the Internet Accounts window.
- Quit the Mail app.
Getting started with a new mail account:
Launch the Mail app (the postage stamp icon in the dock).
- When prompted to "Choose a Mail account provider", choose Exchange and click Continue.
- You can edit your username and must enter your email address (usually email@example.com), then click Sign In.
- Click Sign In to allow the mail app to use the autodiscover function to gather your account information.
- You will be redirected to the Campus Sign-in page where you'll need to enter your AD password, and click Sign In.
- Check the boxes for the apps you want to use with the account, then click Done.