Office 365, Email, Exchange, OWA, Email to a group of people using a Personal List
Instructions to send an email to a group of people in the web-interface for Exchange
How to email a group of people on OWA:
- Login to https://outlook.office365.com
- Select the People view.
- Click on the Arrow next to New contact.
- Select New Contact List.
- Name the Contact List.
- Add recipients, you can type any email address and hit Enter to add them to the List.
- Click Save and Close.
- Once the list is created, switch back to your Inbox view.
- Select the New Message icon in the top left. A new message window will appear. Personal Contact lists will populate as you type in the To, CC, BCC fields. Type your message and click Send.
Note: There is a limit of 500 recipients per list. A possible work around is to use multiple groups. If a more permanent solution is needed, please contact your local IT Pro and request an AD Distribution List.
Microsoft will automatically block outbound mail on accounts it detects sending over 100 spam-like messages in a 24 hour period. Bulk marketing and newsletter type messages may trigger this block.