Office 365, Email, Exchange, Thunderbird, Attachment Truncated in Thunderbird, Attachment size incorrect
Thunderbird incorrectly reports the size of attachments and truncates attachments from the Exchange servers. I can't open the entire attachment from an email in Thunderbird.
is a free, open-source product and there isn't a vendor for us to
escalate to. We will try to help troubleshoot but in the end you might
need to visit forums for solutions.
you run into trouble and are faculty/staff you should speak with your
local IT pro about using officially supported email clients.
The steps to fix this in Thunderbird:
- Open Thunderbird.
- Open the Thunderbird Menu
- Select Options
- Then Options Again which opens the Options Tab
- Select Advanced
- Select Config Editor.
- Accept the warning.
- Enter "chunks" in the search box.
- "mail.server.default.fetch_by_chunks" appears.
- Double-click so Value reads "false".
- After changing this setting you will need to remove and reconfigure you Exchange account on Thunderbird per the instructions listed here: Office 365, Email, Exchange, Thunderbird