Campus Mailing Lists, RSO Ownership Transfer Procedure
A summary about transferring registered student organization (RSO) mail list(s) and ownership to the next owner.
Non-RSO lists: Current owners can simply add new owners themselves. The new owner can then remove you and assume control of the list.
The RSO mailing lists are not automatically transferred to the inbound leadership, so it is the duty of the previous officers (owners) to grant access to the new officers. This can be done via the web interface: https://lists.illinois.edu.
- You can find a step-by-step procedure for updating Owners or Moderators on the "Campus Mailing List User's Guide" at: https://wiki.illinois.edu/wiki/display/maillists/Adding+or+Updating+List+Owners+or+Moderators
If none of the previous officers with list ownership permissions are available:
- Make sure the RSO information is up-to-date: https://illinois.campuslabs.com/engage/organizations
- Send an email to: email@example.com requesting the ownership change.
We will then verify the person requesting ownership is listed as an officer on the RSO page, https://illinois.collegiatelink.net/organizations, and change it.
Required information to gather:
*Check with Team Leads and full-time staff if you have any questions and need help checking the owners, and adding or removing owners and subscribers.
- RSO name
- Contact information
- What are the updates?
Where to escalate the ticket to if needed:
- Request Area: Tech Services.Campus Mailing List
- Transfer the ticket to: TechSvcs-Campus Mailing Lists