Topics Map > Accounts and Passwords
Topics Map > Communication and Collaboration > Lync / Skype for Business
Pinnacle, Requesting a New Individual Lync / Skype Account
This page contains instructions for Pinnacle Department Managers requesting new individual Lync accounts in Pinnacle, including private Lync numbers.
What you’ll need
- Your department number
- Name and NetID for person receiving new service
- The long distance requirement for the person receiving new service
- MRC account number
- OCC account number
- Direct your browser to https://go.illinois.edu/pinnacle (requires either an on campus network connection or the VPN) and click Urbana-Champaign.
- Log in with your NetID and Active Directory password.
- In the upper right corner of the browser, ensure .Dept Mngr is selected.
NOTE: If .Dept Mngr does not appear, then you are in the .Dept Mngr role.
- Below that, select Services.
- Search for the appropriate department subscriber by entering the chart-three digit org code (ex. 1-xxx or 9-xxx. 1 is for illinois and 9 is for uillinois) in the Department field and selecting Time and Materials from the Service Type drop down. Click the Search action button.
- Select the only subscriber from the list by clicking the department name in the Subscriber column.
- Click the Add action button and select Add Service to Subscriber.
- In the new pop-up window that opens, select the service you would like to add. For a new individual Lync account, select Lync. Click Next.
- Under the Other Information region, enter details about the service request, including any specific dates, in the Any more information field.
- Under the Contact region, provide the name of a person who can answer questions about the line being set up. Either:
- Check the Select Existing Contact box or select an existing contact. If needed, click the magnifying glass icon to use the Contact Pop-up Search window.
- Or deselect the Select Existing Contact box and manually enter the Contact First Name, Contact Last Name, Contact Phone information.
- Click Next. Under the User Information region, if so desired, enter a User Name, and / or Expense Activity Code.
- Under the Lync Characteristics region:
- Enter the NetID of the individual in the Lync Id field.
- Enter the name of the user in the Display Name field.
- Enter “individual” in the Lync Type field.
- The Exchange and Voice Mail fields can be left blank since all individually assigned Lync accounts are provisioned with voicemail.
- Indicate the long distance limitations in the Dialing Policy field:
- NCOS 4 – Campus / Local Only
- NCOS 7 – National Long Distance and Campus / Local
- NCOS 8 – International and National Long Distance and Campus / Local.
- NCOS 48 – International Plus
- Click Next. Since Lync services do not have a location, click Next again.
- Under the Select Expense Accounts region:
- Enter the Recurring Charge Amount CFOP account which will be charged for any ongoing fees (i.e. long distance).
- Enter the One Time Charge Account CFOP which will be charged for any initial setup / setup fees.
- If needed, click the magnifying glass icon to use the Account Number Pop-up Search window.
- If the CFOP is not available, click the Prev button to go back to the Other Information tab of the Wizard and enter the desired CFOP in the Any more information field under the Other Information region.
- Click Next. If so desired, enter an OCC Expense Activity, under the Billing Activity-Location Expense Overrides region.
- Click Next and confirm the information is accurate.
- Click Finish.
- After adding all requests to the cart, click the Cart menu at the top left of the page.
- The requests should be listed in the cart. When ready, click the boxes next to the requests, then click Submit Checked.
- In the Cart Checkout Wizard, if you would like all requests entered as 1 order (XXX-1, XXX-2, XXX-3, etc.) check the As Same Order box. If you prefer each request get a unique order number (XXX-1, YYY-1, ZZZ-1, etc), leave the As Same Order box unchecked.
- In the Cart Checkout Wizard, click Checkout Items.
- The Service Request number will be displayed. Additionally, an email confirmation will be sent.