I was incorrectly charged for printing at a Technology Services printing services printer and would like a refund
IMPORTANT: Procedures for requesting a refund may vary by department.
Because your netid may allow you to log into computers in varying labs and public spaces at the UIUC campus, be cognizant of which department's computers you are working from and which printers you are printing to.
Some departments allow refunds to be requested via the PaperCut portal while others require an in person visit or an email. For example, if you are a student from the College of Media printing at the University Library, you will follow the refund process for the University Library (see Departmental Refund Process below)
In most printing locations, requesting a refund is the same no matter how the document was billed.
If you do not see a "request refund" link, then the department has disabled self-service refund requests. Please check with the department on their refund policy (see Departmental Refund Process below).
This section applies to refund requests for these areas:
- Housing Residence Hall Labs
- Technology Services Labs (https://techservices.illinois.edu/content/computer-lab-locations-and-hours)
1. Follow General Refund Process "How do I request a refund?" described above.
2. Requests submitted via PaperCut portal will be evaluated for approval within one week.
The refund process for the wide format poster printer located in Room 8 of the English building is handled differently.
If you would like to request a refund for the wide format poster printer at English Building, please contact the site consultant for assistance by visiting Room 8 of English building.
The refund request process may vary by department. Some departments have published their respective refund process to a departmental web page.
If the department associated with your print job is not listed below, please contact the lab assistant or site contact at the location you are printing from for assistance.
Does NOT utilize the request refund option within Papercut that is described above. All refund requests must go through lab assistants and are reviewed by full time staff.
There are departments utilizing the PaperCut service on the UIUC campus that have different print billing models.
- Most departments utilize Illini Cash (Bill Me Now) for print billing.
- Others utilize Banner (Bill Me Later).
- More information here: https://answers.uillinois.edu/59782
The refund process depends upon how the document was billed:
- Banner: your refund will be sent to Banner at the end of the month and appear as a credit in your next statement.
- Illini Cash: your refund will be available as additional printing credits for future jobs. The next time you print a document the system will first deduct from your refund credits before deducting from your Illini Cash. You will not see the refund in your Illini Cash balance, and you will not be able to use the refund for other services (dining dollars, vending machines, etc).