Email, Spam Control, How to create a blocked senders list
I would like to know how to use Spam Control to block specific email addresses so that I don't receive email from them.
If you repeatedly receive spam in your University Email account from the same senders, you can add those senders to a "Blocked Senders List" and prevent yourself from receiving any future messages from them. To add senders to your personal "Blocked Senders List":
- Open a recent Spam Control daily digest email in your email
account's inbox. Usually these are titled as "End User Digest: (a number) New
Messages". Alternatively, you can request a new digest from https://spam-control.illinois.edu/
- Click on "Manage My Account" link on the right side of the email, above the listing of your quarantined spam.
- A new window that contains your Spam Control preferences should appear. On the left navigational menu, click on the "Blocked Senders List" link.
- Click "New" in the top left corner in order to add a new address.
- Enter the email address you would like to block and click on "Save". Repeat this step to add additional blocked email addresses.
- The system will NOT take wildcards (*), but you may enter the domain (example.com) to block an entire domain.
- In order to effectively block sender addresses and domains, you will need to identify the address and/or domain from the X-Spam-OrigSender listed in the email header: Email, Spam Control, Still receiving email from someone on Block List