Email, Spam Control, How to stop daily digests or blank digests
I would like to continue using Tech Services Spam Control but would no longer like to receive Spam Control End User daily Digests.
To unsubscribe from Tech Services Spam Control's End User Digests, do the following:
UPDATE: Spam Digest and Email Quarantine Changes
Beginning December 19th, everyone can access a new web interface for all end user digest and spam policy options at go.illinois.edu/spamdigest.
- You will no longer need a link from a digest. Instead, you will log in with your NetID and password.
On December 19th, you should have received 2 spam digests, to ensure you could access any quarantined messages from the past 10 days.
- The first digest provided access from the previous 10 days. NOTE: This will be the only way to access previously quarantined messages.
- The second digest should have come from the NEW system (email@example.com). All future spam digests will come from this address.
As a reminder, spam messages will continue to be held for 10 days and then will be automatically deleted and are not recoverable by a service administrator.
Use the web interface:
After you log into the Web Interface, follow these steps to stop receiving daily End User Digests:
- Click Profile in the bottom left navigation window.
- Then select Settings.
- To stop all digest subscriptions, uncheck both 'Send digest with new messages in my End User Digest' AND 'Send digest even when I have no messages in my End User Digest.'
- Click Save.
- Alternatively, you can also complete this action by opening a recent daily End User Digest email in your email account's inbox, sent from: 'firstname.lastname@example.org' and selecting 'Manage My Account.'
- After completing these steps, you will no longer receive Spam Control End User Digests.
- For general support please contact the Technology Services Help Desk.