Topics Map > Communication and Collaboration
Campus Mailing Lists, Visibility of list membership
I am a list owner, how do I change who can review subscribers of my list?
A "privileged" list owner can define if the list membership is visible to: public, members only, or owner only.
- Log into https://lists.illinois.edu.
- Select your list from the menu on the left.
- Click "Admin" from the menu on the left.
- Click on "Edit List Config."
- Click on "Privileges."
- Select the desired option from the section, "Who can review subscribers."
- no one can review
- restricted to subscribers or local domain users (intranet)
- listmaster onlyonly owner (and listmaster)
- restricted to subscribers (default value)
- anyone (public)
The default Owner is "normal" list owner who has read permission for list settings. A normal owner has permission to change settings related to membership. For example, manage subscribers, assign moderators, make archives available, manage bounces memberships, and add address to the block and safe lists.
Privileged owners can also change the permission of an existing owner between normal and privileged.