Email, Mozilla Thunderbird, My sent messages are not saved.
How do I make Thunderbird save my sent messages? How do I change where Thunderbird is saving my sent messages?
is a free, open-source product and there isn't a vendor for us to
escalate to. We will try to help troubleshoot but in the end you might
need to visit forums for solutions.
you run into trouble and are faculty/staff you should speak with your
local IT pro about using officially supported email clients.
Sometimes Thunderbird will not
save your sent messages in the location you would like it to. To change
this location, do the following:
1. Open Thunderbird.
2. Click on the "Tools" menu.
3. Select the "Account Settings" option.
4. Click on the "Copies & Folders" option under your email account.
5. Find the "When sending messages, automatically:" section.
6. Place a check next to "Place a copy in:"
7. Click on "Other"
8. If you have IMAP setup, you can select either a local folder or your sent items folder
9. Click OK.
You can also do the same for your Drafts and Templates folders