Topics Map > Teaching and Learning > Illinois Compass 2G
Illinois Compass 2g, Announcements
This page contains information about creating, editing, and posting announcements in Illinois Compass 2g.
On This Page
An instructor can add, edit, and delete announcements from the Announcements page. This is an ideal place to post time-sensitive material including:
- When Assignments are due
- Changes in the syllabus
- Corrections/clarifications of materials
- Exam schedules
When adding an Announcement, instructors can also send the Announcement as an email to students in the course. This ensures that students receive the announcement even if they do not login to the course.
NOTE: Illinois Compass 2g will allow an
Announcement to be sent to the email address that a student has on file
as his or her official Illinois email address.
Announcements are accessed from the Control Panel under Course Tools. Announcements will appear in the order posted with the most recent Announcements appearing first.
- From the Control Panel under Course Tools, click Announcements.
- From the action bar, click Create Announcement.
- Provide a Subject and Message.
- Set the Duration and Date Restrictions.
- Email Announcements: Check the box if you want your students to be emailed the announcement. Email will be immediately sent to their @illinois.edu email address.
- There is an option to link to a course area, tool, or item within an Announcement.
- Click Submit.
- Select Edit from the dropdown menu next to the Announcement you wish to edit.
- Make anychanges you would like to make.
- Click Submit.
- Select Delete from the dropdown menu of the Announcement.
- Confirm the deletion. NOTE: This action is final and cannot be undone.