Topics Map > Communication and Collaboration > Lync / Skype for Business
Skype for Business, Adding a Picture to Your Profile
On this page, you can learn how to add a picture to your Unified Communications profile through Skype for Business or from Illinois Directory
Using the Skype for Business client directly:
Using your Illinois Directory profile picture in Skype for Business:
1. You will first need to upload your picture to the web and create a link to that picture. There are many ways to do this using different sites on the internet, but one recommended way to do this is through the illinois.edu directory.
2. First, go to http://illinois.edu/ds/search. Then search for yourself using the search box.
3. Once you select your name, you should see a small pencil icon at the top of your directory entry. Click this pencil.
4. Once you click that pencil, you will be directed to login with your NetID and password. Then you will see this screen. Click the photo tab at the top.
5. You will now be given the option to choose a file to upload. Please choose an appropriate image file to upload and click the Upload button. Please note that your image must be 250 pixels wide by 300 pixels tall.
6. Once you have uploaded, you should see your image on the screen. Right click your photo and click "Copy Link"
7. Go to your Windows Skype for Business client. Login to the client and click your profile icon / silhouette at the top left hand corner of the client.
8. You will see a screen that has an option to Show a Picture from a Web Address. Insert the copied image link from above and click Connect to Picture. Once you do this, you should see your picture pop up. Click on OK and you should now have your profile picture set.
NOTE: To change your picture, you must follow this whole process again.
If you would like to have an image available in Skype for Business but don't want to use a personal picture, you can use the iMark as your profile picture. See the instructions at Microsoft Lync and Outlook Branding Resources