Topics Map > Communication and Collaboration > Google Apps @ Illinois
Email, Google Apps @ Illinois, Access Your Google Email and Calendar
This page describes how to access your Google hosted email and calendar from the web or a desktop or mobile client.
NOTE: IMAP and POP access to Gmail is now disabled for managed Illinois.edu Gmail accounts.
The Gmail website is the best way to use your Google Apps @ Illinois email account.
Use the Google Calendar site to access your calendar if using Illinois Gmail.
Your Gmail can be accessed via web browser at https://g.illinois.edu
- Download or update to the lastest version of the Gmail app
- Open the Gmail app and tap the Menu icon in the top left
- To the right of your username, tap the Down arrow
- Tap Add Account
- Choose Google as the account type and provide your @illinois.edu email address
- Complete the login process to authorize
See Gmail Support: Sign in to Gmail, Android for more information.
Outlook 2016 and Window 10 Mail app
We do not recommend using Outlook 2016 or Windows 10 Mail app as your client for Google Apps @ Illinois Gmail account access due to security concerns.
Older versions of Outlook have reached the end of maintsream support from Microsoft and are not recommended for use with Google Apps @ Illinois.