Skype for Business, Set up Skype Meeting options
You can use the same audio selections with all your Skype for Business meetings or set up Skype for Business to give you options every time you join. The latter is handy if you need to use a different audio connection, depending on the meeting or location you join from.
Set Skype for Business Meeting Options
In Skype for Business - Options -> Skype Meetings
- Under When I join meetings, if you want to automatically open the IM pane, select Show IM. If you want to see the
participant list, select Show the participant list.
- Under Meeting default, click the Change button if you want to use an app other than Skype for Business for meetings, or if
you want to use a different version of Skype for meetings.
- Under Joining conference calls, click the drop-down menu next to Join meeting audio from, and do one of the following:
- To use computer audio and video (via your computer microphone and speakers or a headset) for the meeting, select Skype
- To have Skype for Business call you, select the phone number you want to be reached at. If you don’t see your number,
go to the Options > Phones page, and add it to the My phone numbers list.
- To call into the meeting, if the meeting request includes a call-in number, select Do not join audio, join the meeting,
and then use a phone to call in.
- (Optional) If you join from different locations or devices and want to choose how you connect to meetings each time you
join, select the Before I join meetings, ask me which audio device I want to use check box.
Tip: If you’re using computer audio and video (that is, if you select Skype for Business as your audio
option), you can test the volume and quality of your speakers and mic and/or choose a different device by clicking Audio
Device in the left pane of the Skype for Business - Options window.