Topics Map > Printing and Software > WebStore
WebStore, SAP2000 Error #17, License Not Found
I am getting the error message "license not found, error #17" when I try to run SAP 2000. How do I fix this?
Please try the following:
Connect to the Campus VPN service with the TunnelAll setting.
- For versions previous to 17, delete the file lservrc located by default in C:\Program Files\Computers and Structures\SAP2000\17, or version you have installed.
- Manually set the license server environment variable:
- Right click on Computer in the Start Menu and select Properties > Advanced System Settings > Environment Variables
- Under the System Variables section check to see if LSFORCEHOST exists (if so confirm its value matches the license server found under your order). If not, click New and set the name to LSFORCEHOST and the value to the license server found under your order.
- Click OK to close all the windows.
If this does not fix your problem please browse to here. Note the IP address displayed, then contact us with the IP address and name of your computer so we can check the license managers logs. Email firstname.lastname@example.org