U of I Box, How to Create a Box Team Folder
How do I create a Box Team Folder?
More information on Team Folders: U of I Box, Information and Requesting Shared Team Folders
Requests for Team Folders can be emailed to email@example.com.
For IT Pros who would like access to this tool: Help Desk, Help Desk Tools Access Program
- Group name the team folder will belong to (Example: Help Desk, Library IT, Union Doc Services)
- What the folder should be named (this can be changed later)
- Who the Team Stewards will be (owners) . Please note that a steward MUST have a Box account already.
Creating a team folder:
- Using the required information from above, log in to https://box-tools.techservices.illinois.edu/
- Enter in the group name and the folder name.
- For the steward section, enter their @illinois.edu email and let the tool determine if the person has a Box account. If there is more than 1 steward, click the add more stewards button and repeat.
- If the user is not found, then they need to set up their Box account. See U of I Box, Getting Started
- Once all the information is entered, press Create Team Folder. It will run through the creation process on the right and when successful it will send an email to the stewards.