Uploading media to Illinois Media Space
How to upload a file to Illinois Media Space
- In the upper right corner of the page, select the 'Add New'
drop-down list, and choose 'Media Upload,' to open the 'Upload Media'
- Click the '+ Choose a file to upload' button to search your
computer for the media file that you would like to upload; select the
file; and click the 'Open' button to begin uploading the file.
- While the file is uploading, you may being to add the
metadata. There are the following fields:
- The name of the media being uploaded.
- This is a required field and is by default the filename of
the media being uploaded.
- This is displayed below the media or on the player info
- This is a required field for publishing and/or adding the media to a playlist.
- These are used to help describe your media and are used as
keywords when searching for media.
- Multiple tags can be separated by commas or new lines.
- Date of Creation
- Allows the actual date of creation to be added to the
- Video Credits
- Allows you to enter the names and title of those who worked
on the video.
- Contributors and team members
- Allows you to enter the names of the team members or others
who helped put together the project.
- This field is ideal for adding student team member names to
- When you have finished editing details, click the 'Save'
- Once the media has uploaded and you have given it at least a
title and description, you can publish it to a channel or gallery that
you have permission to publish to or keep the media private or
unlisted using the radio buttons below the metadata.
You may continue uploading more files by clicking the '+ Choose another
file' button and repeating steps 2–3 above.
Please note that at
this point you may not be able to view your media and you may see the
message: Media is being processed (: ! This is completely
normal. Your media will continue to process even if you navigate away
from Illinois Media Space.