Users can add YouTube media to their Kaltura account.
How to add media from YouTube
- In the upper right corner of the page, select the 'Add New'
drop-down list, and choose 'YouTube', to open the YouTube link page.
- Enter the URL or ID of your YouTube video into the text box
- Click on the 'Preview' video to ensure that the correct video
will be loaded.
- Enter the metadata for your recording. There are the following
- The name of the media being uploaded.
- This is a required field and is by default the filename of
the media being uploaded.
- This is displayed below the media or on the player info
- This is a required field for publishing and/or adding the media to a playlist.
- These are used to help describe your media and are used as
keywords when searching for media.
- Multiple tags can be separated by commas or new lines.
- Date of Creation
- Allows the actual date of creation to be added to the
- Video Credits
- Allows you to enter the names and title of those who worked
on the video.
- Contributors and team members
- Allows you to enter the names of the team members or others
who helped put together the project.
- This field is ideal for adding student team member names to
- When you are finished editing the details, click 'Save.' The
video will be added to your 'My Media' tab.
Please note that YouTube videos do not have the same options
available as media uploaded to Kaltura. For example you will not have
the same sharing features, or clipping and trimming.
can be added to playlists and channels. You can order captions for them.
They will now play without advertisements.
Note on browsers: Some versions of Chrome or other browsers that block add content from playing automatically may prevent the form from appearing to enter metadata and save. If this happens, you need to click on the video to play it (even if it is still spinning like it is not ready). This will allow the rest of the form to load and you can add the video to your media.