Kaltura, Editing media metadata
Editing metadata of existing media in Illinois Media Space
How to edit the metadata of existing media
- Navigate to your 'My Media' page. You will see your media
arranged in a list. On the right side of the page, each entry will
have an 'Edit' button. Select this to edit the media.
You will also find an edit button on any of page where you can view media that you own. It will be below the video on the right, in the 'Actions' drop-down menu.
- Edit the metadata for your piece of media. There are the
- The name of the media being uploaded.
- This is a required field and is by default the filename of the media being uploaded.
- This is displayed below the media or on the player info pane.
- This is a required field for publishing and/or adding the media to a playlist.
- These are used to help describe your media and are used as keywords when searching for media.
- Multiple tags can be separated by commas or new lines.
- Date of Creation
- Allows the actual date of creation to be added to the metadata.
- Video Credits
- Allows you to enter the names and title of those who worked on the video.
- Contributors and team members
- Allows you to enter the names of the team members or others who helped put together the project.
- This field is ideal for adding student team member names to class projects.
- Custom Link Name
- This is the name for a custom link that will be displayed on the upper right of the player.
- For instance, units can use this link to direct viewers to their website.
- Custom Link URL
- This needs to be a full url (including http:// or https://) to the page you would like the link to point.
- Select 'Save' to save any changes you have made