Kaltura, Add a Caption file
How to add a caption file (created outside of Kaltura) to a video.
- Navigate to your 'My Media' page. You will see your media
arranged in a list. On the right side of the page, each entry will
have an 'Edit' button. Select this to edit the media.
also find an edit button on any of page where you can view media that
you own. It will be below the video on the right, in the 'Actions'
- On the edit page, choose the 'Captions' tab to navigate to the
- Click the 'Upload caption file' button to bring up the caption
- Click 'Browse' to find the caption file on your computer's
file system. This will need to be a caption file in SRT or DXFP
- Select the 'Language' from the drop down, this should be
actual language the captions are in
- Give the caption a label. This will be the displayed name for
the captions, so for example it is best to label Spanish captions
- Click the 'Save' button to save your captions file to Illinois
Note: Captions are automatically created for all new media in Kaltura. Media creators simply need to review the captions and publish them to show in the player.
Also see Kaltura, Captioning Tools