Kaltura, Obtaining embed code for media
How to create/obtain an embed code for a media item, and allow viewing without logging in
How to get a link or embed code for media
You must be logged in to https://mediaspace.illinois.edu to see the link to "Share" a video.
- Click the "Share" button under the player.
- Three tabs will now appear: the link, the embed code, and email.
- For a link:
- Select the 'Link to Media Page' tab.
- Copy the link in the text box and paste it where ever you are sharing it.
- For an embed code:
- Select the 'Embed' tab.
- Select a player and embed size. This is not an option for all media types.
- Copy the embed code. You will need to paste this into the
HTML of a webpage--or publish.illinois.edu, Twitter, or other social media service for the media to display.
- For an email:
- Select the 'Email' tab.
- Your browser will now begin an email using your default settings.
Note: Users who click on the link or the embedded video will be prompted to log in as they do to https://mediaspace.illinois.edu. If you want people with no U of I connection to view the video you will need to do one of the following:
- If the media has been published to a public gallery, anyone who clicks on the link will view the media, without logging in, just as when they visit https://mediaspace.illinois.edu without logging in.
- If the media is set to Unlisted, anyone clicks on the link will also be able to view the media, without logging in. To set a video to Unpublished, choose "Publish" from the actions menu under the video and choose "unlisted."