Kaltura, Channel creation
How to create a channel
- Under your account name in the upper right corner, select ‘My
Channels’ or go to the channels page.
- Click on the '+ Create Channel' button located towards the upper right of the page
to begin creating your channel.
- When creating a channel, you will need to enter the following
- This is the only required field.
- It will be prominently displayed above the channel.
- This allows you to write additional supplementary
information which to the members of your channel.
These are used when searching for your channel within Illinois Media
Space. See 'How to
tag media for best results' for more information.
- Open (indicated by a globe icon)
- Any authenticated user can view and contribute to the
- Resticted (indicated by a circle with a line through it)
- Any authenticated user can view the channel, but must be
invited to add content
- Private (locked padlock icon)
- Users must be invited to view and/or to add content to the
- Public (unlocked padlock icon)
- Anyone can see media in a public channel, even if they cannot log into mediaspace.illinois.edu. Anyone who is logged in can post media to a public channel, so it's a good idea in most cases to enable moderation (for more information, see Kaltura, Public channels ).
- Shared Repository (silhouettes of people)
- Permissions work the same as a private channel
- Members of a shared repository have permission to publish
content from the repository to other channels or galleries in
Illinois Media Space
- Enable comments in channels
- This setting allows you to control whether other users can
leave comments on the channel.
- Keep comments private to channel
- This setting allows you to restrict the comments made on
media in this channel to this channel.
- Moderate content
- Enabling this setting will prevent new content from
appearing in the channel until it is approved by a channel manager
- Enable subscription to channel
- Allows users to subscribe to your channel.
- Subscribed users will recieve email notifications when new
content is added to the channel.
- Finally click 'Save'.