Campus Mailing Lists, Visibility of the List
This page describes how the privileged owner can change the visibility of a mailing list to show or hide it from the list of lists.
- Log into https://lists.illinois.edu.
- Find the list from the menu on the left.
- Click "Admin" button next to the list.
- Click on "Edit List Config."
- Click on "List definition."
- Select the desired option from the section, "Visibility of the list (visibility)."
- conceal except for subscribers (default value)
- intranet access
- no conceal
- conceal even for subscribers
- Click on "Update," which is located at the bottom of the page.
The default mail list owner is the "privileged' owner who has write permissions over all list settings. If you have the "normal" owner role, then you have read permission for settings and write permissions for subscriber related settings. For example, manage subscribers, assign moderators, make archives available, manage bounces memberships, and add address to the block and safe lists. A normal owner will need to contact the lists's 'privileged' owner to change this and other settings. The privileged owners can also change the permission of a normal owner to privileged if they want to delegate the list management.