Topics Map >
Campus Mailing Lists, Visibility of the List
This page describes how the privileged owner can change the visibility of a mailing list to show or hide it from the list of lists.
- Log into https://lists.illinois.edu.
- Select your list from the menu on the left.
- Click "Admin" from the menu on the left.
- Click on "Edit List Config."
- Click on "List definition."
- Select the desired option from the section, "Visibility of the list (visibility."
- conceal except for subscribers (default value)
- intranet access
- no conceal
- conceal even for subscribers
The default Owner is "normal" list owner who has read permission for list settings. A normal owner has permission to change settings related to membership. For example, manage subscribers, assign moderators, make archives available, manage bounces memberships, and add address to the block and safe lists.
Privileged owners can also change the permission of an existing owner between normal and privileged.