College of FAA: Windows - Adding a Networked printer
- This article provides instructions on how to add a network printer to Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10
- Computers running Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10
- All faculty and staff in the College of Fine and Applied Arts
- Bring up the Windows search menu:
- Windows 7: Click on the Start Button in the lower left
- Windows 8: Activate the Charms Bar via the upper-right side of the screen, then select the Search icon
- Windows 10: Click on the Search Button in the lower left
- In the "Search programs and files" field type in the print server address (e.g., \\faa-print.ad.uillinois.edu) and press enter. This will bring up a new window that contains all of the shared printers for the College.
- Double click on the printer you wish to install.
Note that printers are named by department, room number, and printer model. This will finish the installation in most cases. If you are printing to the copiers in Music you will need to setup secure printing. Please review the following article for more information: [Link for document 63653 is unavailable at this time.]
- If you wish to set the printer as default, click on the start button, go to control panel and choose “Devices and printers”. Find the printer that you wish to be default, right-click on it (the right mouse button) and choose “set as default”.
- For general support please contact the Technology Services at FAA Help Desk.