Topics Map > Communication and Collaboration > Digital Signage
Digital Signage, Accessing File Share
Information about the digital signage file share.
Digital Signage File Share:
- The local file share used to store content for the Digital Signage Service can be accessed from within the Remote Desktop Session or from a workstation.
- Each department has access to their own folder.
- In the Remote Desktop Session the S:\ drive is mapped automatically.
Connecting from your workstation:
- The method of connecting from a departmental workstation may vary based upon the platform and configuration.
- The general concept is to map a drive to the resource path using your netID and campus password.
- For Windows, use: \\files.signage.illinois.edu\data
- For OS X, use: smb://files.signage.illinois.edu/data
Notes on File Transfers:
- There are ways to eliminate the need to map to the file share from your local workstation.
- Some Remote Desktop clients support copy and paste of files from your local machine into the remote desktop environment.
- If you are a user of Box, it should be possible to place your files on box and then access them from within the remote desktop session - saving them into your folder on the S:\ drive
Alternative File Storage Options
- Files stored in Box can be directly used within Four Winds:https://answers.uillinois.edu/102282
- If you would like to know more about this option, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.