Illinois Compass 2g, Creating Group Sets
How to create Group Sets in Illinois Compass 2g.
You may generate several Groups at one time by using Group Sets.
In addition to Manual and Self-Enrollment, you can select Random
Enrollment for Group Sets. This option populates the Groups
automatically—you simply choose the number of Groups or members per
- On the Control Panel, under Users and Groups, select Groups.
- On the Groups page, click Create Group Set on the Action Bar to access the drop-down list.
- Select Self, Manual, or Random Enroll.
- On the Create Enrollment Group Set page, enter a Name and optional Description.
- To make the Group Available, select the Yes radio node.
- Select the necessary tools.
- Select the checkbox for Module Personalization Setting to allow students to
add personal modules to the Group space.
- Depending on the type of enrollment, select sign-up sheet options, members, or random enrollment options.
- Click Submit.
Random Groups can be created based on number of groups or group size. You also select where any remaining students are enrolled.Save