IT Pros, Mailing lists, tools, and regular events for campus IT professionals
These mailing lists, conferences, and workshops may be of interest to campus IT professionals.
Conferences and events
- The IT Pro Forum takes place twice a year in Urbana and once a year in Chicago.
- The U of I Web Conference takes place once a year in Urbana.
- The IT Pro Caffeine Break series takes place every week at 9 am Friday at rotating locations around campus. Weekly details are sent to CCSP and to the Caffeine Break mailing list (described below).
- Video captured from these events is stored in the Campus IT Pro Videos channel (login required for access).
To subscribe to most of these mailing lists, send a blank email message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The subject line of your message should be formatted as:
subscribe listname Firstname Lastname
In some cases, additional list security has been established by the list owners. Those cases and their subscription methods will be described below.
- Campus Computer Support Professionals (Special list security: Send an email to email@example.com to ask for CCSP subscription approval. )
The largest campus mailing list for IT professionals, with active daily discussion on campus topics. Searchable archives are available to subscribers at https://lists.illinois.edu/lists/arc/ccsp. Campus Mailing Lists, View list archives offers more information about searching Sympa-hosted campus mailing lists.
- System-specific mailing lists:
- Mobile Computing (list name: mobilecomputing)
Periodic discussion of topics related to mobile devices, tablets, and phones.
- Mac Administration at Illinois (list name: macadmins)
All things Mac-related.
- Windows 10 Support (list name: tenprosupport)
Discussions of Windows 10 campus adoption, migration, and updates.
- Endpoint Management and SCCM (email firstname.lastname@example.org to join the list)
A list for communication among the SCCM project team and discussion of EPM and SCCM implementation on campus
- Topic-specific mailing lists:
- Caffeine Break (list name: caffeinebreak)
Once-weekly information about that week's Friday morning Caffeine Break seminar series, for those who may be interested in the topics without the volume of the full CCSP mailing list.
- Illinois Webmasters (list name: webmasters)
Discussions of web-related content and development issues, workshop announcements, and more. Moderate volume.
- Web Accessibility In-Depth Discussion (list name: accessibility)
Discussions, announcements, and workshops relating to improving IT accessibility. Light volume.
- Campus Computer Lab Discussion List (list name: labmasters-l)
Discussions, announcements, and tours of campus learning spaces. Light volume.
- Women in Technology (list name: wit)
A collaborative discussion space for women in technology at the University of Illinois.
- AV Pros (list name: av-pros)
A list for the discussion of AV (and surrounding topics) by campus AV & IT professionals.
- Campus Knowledge Base administrators (list name: uofi-kb-admins )
Discussion among groups and departments with Knowledge Base (answers.uillinois.edu) spaces
- Printing (list names: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org)
Information about the Printing for Departments service. Email email@example.com to join.
- More campus computing-related mailing lists are available at https://lists.illinois.edu/lists/lists/computing .
Teams and chat groups
Microsoft Teams and other chat services offer community spaces for IT pros to gather as well.
- Topic-specific Microsoft Teams groups:
Request for Help Desk Tools Access
Please see Help Desk, Request for Help Desk Tools Access