Topics Map > Teaching and Learning > Illinois Compass 2G
Blackboard Collaborate Ultra, Guide to presenting
This guide provides an overview of common features presenters can use to share content in Blackboard Collaborate Ultra.
Sharing Documents and Images with Participants1. Click the double arrow on the lower right of the screen to expand the Collaborate Panel:
2. Click the Share Content icon
3. Using the Share Files option allows you to share PDFs, PowerPoint presentations, and images in GIF, JPEG and PNG formats. There is a 60 MB file size limit. Click Share files.
4. Click the plus sign to browse your computer for a file to share with the class. Alternatively, drag and drop the file to the window, making sure you drag the document within the gray box with the dashed border. You can add several documents at a time.
5. After adding the file or files it can take several minutes to load. Once the file loads click on the document or image and then click Share Now on the bottom to load the file.
6. Once the document loads click on the page in the right pane to have it display to participants. You can click the Zoom Controls icon on the left of the page to toggle zoom controls to zoom in and out.
7. When you are done presenting, click the stop button.
Sharing an Application or your Desktop
Note: you must be using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox in order to initiate an Application Share in Blackboard Collaborate Ultra.
1. Starting at step 3 from above, select Share Application.
2. Choose from presenting your entire screen or picking an application
3. Selecting 'Just an Application' will allow you to pick between open applications. Entire Screen will share your everything on your screen. You can click Stop Sharing in the dialogue box at the bottom of the screen to end the application share (see below), or click the Stop button in the top right of the Blackboard Collaborate Ultra session as indicated in step 7 above.