Email, Exchange, Outlook 2016 for Mac
This page contains information about how to connect to the Exchange email and calendar service using Outlook 2016
Add Exchange to a New Installation of Outlook 2016
Office 2016 for Mac (including Outlook) is available as a free download from the University of Illinois WebStore.
If you wish to to use your University of Illinois Exchange account with a new installation of MS Outlook, follow these instructions:
- Run Outlook 2016.
- In the welcome screen that appears, if it doesn't detect your @illinois.edu account, click Add Account.
- In the Enter Your Exchange Account Information window that opens:
- For Authentication, choose User Name and Password
- In E-mail address:, enter firstname.lastname@example.org
- User name: yournetid
- Password: Your Active Directory password
- Server if your mailbox is still Exchange 2010/2013 : Can be left blank
- Server if your mailbox is Office 365 (Exchange Online): outlook.office365.com
- Click ADD ACCOUNT.
Add Exchange to Your Existing Outlook 2016 Installation
If you are already running Outlook 2016 and wish to add a University of Illinois Exchange account, follow these instructions:
- Open Outlook 2016.
- Under the Tools menu, choose Accounts….
- Optional: Enter a descriptive name in the Account description field.
- Use same settings as above.