Skype for Business, Yealink Better Together over Ethernet (BToE)
This document provides information about Yealink Better Together over Ethernet (BToE) software installation for unit IT Pro's. The BToE feature on Yealink devices enables the user to login and control call activity from their phone and a Windows computer using the Skype for Business client.
- A supported version of Windows or MacOS
- Skype for Business client
- Administrator privileges are needed to install the BToE connector
The BToE software can be downloaded using this link. (Version 18.104.22.168 uploaded 8/8/2018.)
- Double-click on the "Yealink BToE Connector for Lync(version).msi file.
- Accept the UAC prompt.
- Click Next at the Welcome Screen.
- Accept the license agreement and click Next.
- Accept the default installation folder or browse for a different one, and click Install.
- If you receive a message saying "Windows can't verify the publisher of this driver software," click on "Install this driver software anyway."
- When installation completes, click Finish.
- Right-click on the BToE icon in the system tray.
- From the pop-up menu , choose Setting.
- On the Setting page
- Check "Run automatically when starting Windows".
- Uncheck "Wired".
- Enter the IP address of the phone you want to connect to. (Please note: if the IP address of the phone changes, it will need to be updated in the BToE setup.)
Signing in via BToE
- When your phone and computer are paired, but your phone is not signed in, a dialog box is displayed by the Skype for Business client asking for login credentials. (If the dialog box does not display, you may select "Sign in via PC" on the phone to prompt it.)
- Enter the phone user's SIP address in Sign-in Address (e.g. email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Enter the same information in the User Name field.
- Enter the phone user's AD password in the Password field.
- The BToE system tray icon should change to to indicate that the computer and device are paired and signed in.
- You will be asked to create a device specific unlock PIN. This PIN is only used to unlock the device once the inactivity timeout value is reached. This can be any 6-digit combination.
Setting the Phone as the Primary Audio Device
Before you begin using the BToE feature, you need to ensure that your phone is set as your primary audio device in the Skype for Business client.
- In the main windows of the Skype for Business client, click on the audio device icon in the lower left-hand corner.
- Select the phone as the primary device.
At this point, your Yealink device and your Skype for Business client will act in tandem. You can answer, place, hold, and resume calls with your phone and the Skype for Business client on your PC simultaneously. Your phone will be locked and unlocked automatically when your PC is locked or unlocked.