Endpoint Services, MECM, How do I maintain my own boot image?
This article provides information about boot images in MECM.
- Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (MECM)
- University of Illinois IT Pros leveraging MECM, hosted by Technology Services' Endpoint Services team
Each unit is provisioned a copy of the default 32-bit and 64-bit boot images within their unit folder under Software Library --> Operating Systems --> Boot Images.
Boot image updates
There are various scenarios when a boot image update may be required:
- Each MECM release includes an update to the client components and/or Windows PE version.
- Update the boot image by right clicking it and selecting 'Update Distribution Points'.
- Select the option to 'Reload this boot image with the current Windows PE version from the Windows ADK'.
- In order to customize the boot image with additional drivers or other optional components:
- Right-click the boot image and select 'Properties'.
- Select 'Update Distribution Points' for the boot image after the changes have been applied.
- If imaging issues occur after Windows PE in the boot image is updated, look for duplicate drivers in the boot image properties and remove older versions.
For support please contact the Technology Services Endpoint Services Team: https://go.illinois.edu/epshelp