Topics Map > Teaching and Learning > Illinois Compass 2G
Illinois Compass 2g, Request New LTI Integration
This document details the procedures and requirements when requesting a new LTI integration with Illinois Compass.
Illinois Compass Operations – LTI Integration Requirements
Learning Technology Interoperability integrations is a learning technology standard overseen by IMS Global Learning Consortium to seamlessly integrated learning application used by instructors into their courses. This includes a standard protocol for establishing a trusted relationship between the tool provider and the Leaning Management System, allowing students and teachers to have a seamless, integrated experience of using the tool within the context of their course.
In addition to a written statement of use, the following items are required when requesting an LTI connection within the Illinois Compass service:
- Contacts within the requesting department or unit
- Copy of contract or agreement between the LTI provider and University representative
- This can be an instructor, purchasing representative, or anyone with the authority to enact a contract with a content provider
- Please include proof of payment if this is a paid service
- Technical and support contact(s) for the LTI content provider
- Connection method
- Usually provided in the form of key/secret and connection URL
- Installation/setup method
- Any self-help support documentation (to be added to this Knowledge Base)