Topics Map > Teaching and Learning > Illinois Compass 2G
Illinois Compass 2g, Download Blackboard Collaborate Recordings
This article outlines the procedure for downloading and backing up recordings from Blackboard Collaborate Ultra and Blackboard Collaborate Classic stored within Illinois Compass 2g.
Collaborate UltraInstructors need to enable recording downloads for the sessions.
- Go to Blackboard Collaborate Ultra and click the three dots on the right to open the Session Settings and click Edit Settings.
- Scroll down and click on Session Settings to expand the menu
- Tick the checkbox to Allow Recording Downloads and click Save
- Locate the recording you would like to download by following the directions here: Illinois Compass 2g, How to Access Blackboard Collaborate Ultra Recordings
- Once you have accessed the recording, open the Recording menu at the top left of the screen and select one of the three options:
- Download the full recording
- Download caption transcripts
- Download chat transcripts
Collaborate Classic or Old CollaborateInstructors who have recordings in Collaborate Classic will need to navigate to past Illinois Compass courses. Detailed instructions for locating Collaborate Classic recordings are detailed in the article below:
Illinois Compass 2g, Accessing and Sharing Blackboard Collaborate Recordings
Once you have downloaded a recording you can save it locally, choose a university supported cloud storage service, or the Kaltura Illinois Mediaspace service. Consult the documents below for more information.
Cloud, Cloud-based storage solutions for campus
Kaltura, Uploading media
Kaltura, Bulk upload of multiple files
Kaltura, Integration with Illinois Compass 2g