UIUC Zoom users must log into the UI Zoom portal using single sign-on in order to use business level features.
All UIUC Staff, Faculty and currently registered undergraduate and graduate students are eligible for a UIUC Zoom education license, all others will be provisioned basic licenses. The UIUC Zoom education license most closely resembles a Zoom Business license in terms of features. This license includes Zoom Meetings with 300 participant capacity, and Live Streaming but does not include Zoom webinars. The Zoom webinar license must be purchased from the WebStore. If you are eligible for a license, but are still listed as a having a basic license within your account, you are most likely not logged in using single-sign on (SSO).
In order for UIUC Staff, Faculty and Students, to access their U of I Zoom License with large meeting 300, they must log into the U of I Zoom portal using single sign-on with their U of I credentials.
To verify your Zoom account status, follow these steps:
1. SIGN OUT of all current Zoom sessions and close all browser windows.
2. Go to https://illinois.zoom.us where you will see the U of I login screen:
IF YOU DO NOT SEE THIS PAGE YOU ARE NOT LOGGING INTO THE UI PORTAL.
PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT ALL INSTANCES OF ZOOM ARE CLOSED AND CLEAR
YOUR BROWSER CACHE.
3. Please click on 'Sign In".
4. Login when prompted, checking that the default of "Share Now" is selected if prompted for information sharing.
5. You are now logged into the UI Zoom portal.
6. Verify your account status ("Licensed" - meaning Business level feature set or "Basic") in your profile.
In the graphic below the red arrow points to "SSO" showing that you have properly authenticated.
The blue arrow points to your user type, which may be "Basic" or "Licensed". Again Licensed means that the account has Pro functionality and increased meeting capacity to 300 participants.
If you have further questions about the login process or licensing, please contact the Technology Services Help Desk by emailing: email@example.com or by calling (217) 244-7000