Zoom, Logging In
How do I log in to Zoom?
IMPORTANT: First time U of I Zoom users need to log in via the Web Portal (or any Zoom integration using Shib SSO) to create their account.
***Do you have outside participants? They are still able to join University meetings! Outside participants will simply need to create a free Zoom account (at https://zoom.us/signup). Participants from other Universities and organizations with Zoom portals will be able to access meetings using their own account. Participants with a personal Zoom account will also be able to connect.
IMPORTANT: If you're having difficulties logging in to UIUC Zoom, please clear the cache, cookies and any old stored passwords in your default web browser and try again. Information on how to clear website data from many popular browsers can be found at: Clearing Browser Cache and Cookies. If you use a password manager like KeePass or Keychain (Mac) you may also need to locate and delete the old password there.
Web Portal: < https://illinois.zoom.us >
- Open Firefox or Chrome and navigate to < https://illinois.zoom.us >
- Select "Sign In"
- Enter your Illinois NetID credentials into the next window and click "Login"
- You are now in your Illinois Zoom account where settings can be configured, you can join a meeting, or host a meeting as well.
Zoom Desktop Client:
- Both the Zoom web interface (https://illinois.zoom.us) and the desktop ‘Zoom Client for Meetings’ use UIUC SSO to provide secure authentication. However, the login steps for the Desktop Client are slightly different for the web interface.
- After launching the desktop client, you have the option to ‘Join a Meeting' or ‘Sign In.’
- Click ‘Sign In’.
- Zoom supports multiple methods of authentication. To use UIUC SSO authentication, click on ‘Sign In with SSO’. You must sign in with SSO to access your Zoom Education license.
- If this is the first time you have used the client, the ‘domain’ field will be blank. You can either type ‘illinois’ into the field and Continue.
- NOTE: Clicking on the ‘I do not know the company domain’ link will bring you to the domain search pane. Type your FULL email address and click Continue.
- When the Illinois login window below appears, please sign in with your Illinois NetID and password. You will now be logged into the Zoom Desktop Application.
Outlook Desktop Application:
- To Login to Zoom Plugin in Outlook Desktop Application:
- Inside the Outlook Desktop Application, open your Calendar you would like to add the Zoom meeting to:
- Select New Appointment or New Meeting.
- Click “Add a Zoom Meeting” in the upper right corner of the ribbon within the new appointment window
- A new sign in window should appear. Please click “Sign in with SSO”
- Enter “illinois” and complete your domain as: “illinois.zoom.us”
- Sign in with your Illinois netID
- Download the Zoom Mobile App
- Note: The following screenshots are from the iOS application.
- After installation, open the Zoom mobile app on your device.
- Click Sign in found in the lower right corner of the application window.
- Select the SSO icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Enter illinois to complete the domain: illinois.zoom.us
- Enter your University of Illinois netID and password and click login. Note: if you're required to authenticate using DUO/2FA, please accept the 2FA using DUO or by completing the necessary call or text, then reopen your web browser. You then will be prompted to open Zoom Meetings and the application will reopen.