Remote Desktop FAA Mac to Mac
FAA Remote Desktop – Mac to Mac
Please note that your computer at work must be on in order to remote access it.
Here is the process to setup Mac to Mac Remote Desktop connection -
Please submit a ticket with your netID and Machine name ( FAA-XXXXX) to https://go.illinois.edu/mjtshelp prior to proceeding with the instructions below -- we will enable Remote Desktop and send it over to your host desktop machine.
Section 1 -- On host Mac
1. The settings are delivered to your Desktop via Managed software center. Please open Managed software center on your FAA desktop and head to the updates tab and install all the available updates. If you are not at your desktop -- Please contact TechServices at FAA to help run updates remotely.
Section 2 -- On your Remote Mac follow these steps
1. Open Cisco any connect VPN and login with Group 3_TunnellAll – If you don’t have this, go to https://answers.uillinois.edu/illinois/page.php?id=47629 for instructions to download VPN on your machine.
2. Once connected to VPN -- Search for Screen sharing in spotlight ( Command + Spacebar).
3. Screen sharing Connect To will appear – enter your machine name following with .ad.uillinois.edu – for example FAA-9d6443.ad.uillinois.edu.
4. Enter NetID and password and make sure As Registered User is selected.
5. Remote session will begin – User needs to login to Host mac.
6. To close remote session, just go to apple Logo on the host mac and use the lock screen option and x out of the Screen sharing app.
7. Files can be dragged between computers via Screen sharing.
8. If you have a license for Apple remote desktop – you can use that for enhanced remote desktop options.
9. Please note that when you remote into your Mac, the screen turns on and anyone passing by your desktop in your office can see the screen and make changes to the machine - To avoid this, Disconnect all external Monitors/ keyboard/ Mouse. If you have an iMac, please lower the Brightness from System preferences >> Displays >> Brightness.