Technology Loan Program, Overview
The Technology Loan Program was a partnership established across the campus IT community to loan technology hardware to faculty, staff and students during the COVID-19 pandemic. The program ended summer 2021.
For information on Continuing Key University Activities, please visit https://go.illinois.edu/stayconnected.
For information on turning your existing mobile phone into a wireless hotspot, please visit Remote Access, Turning your mobile phone into a wireless hotspot for your computer.
Do you have a technology need?
The Illini Union Tech Zone offers computers and accessories at an educational discount and provides recommendations based on your department and major.
We recommend contacting your department for any specific hardware or software requirements they may have for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How long do I get to keep my loaner?
- The Technology Loan Program ended after summer 2021. This equipment is not to be confused with loans from the Student Technology Program, which are still being supported (no new loans are being given out however). If you are unsure of what type of loan you have, please contact the Help Desk.
- How do I return my loaner?
- Please return your equipment at the Technology Services Help Desk at 1304 W. Springfield Ave, Urbana IL room 1211. Please call the office (217-244-7000) when you arrive. Hours are Monday through Friday 8am-9pm and Saturday and Sunday 12pm-5pm.
- Please note, we will not be able to recover any files or personal data from returned laptops. For this reason, please store all files and data on your cloud storage (Box, Google Drive, One Drive).
- If you cannot return to the Help Desk in person, you are responsible for shipping it back to the same address.